Skip to content
Do I need to complete swim a 200-meter (unassisted, continuous & untimed) and Float for 10 minutes test? Can this be done with any stroke?
Yes, and failure to do so will mean that you won't be able to continue the course. The 200-meter swim and 10-minute test are to demonstrate that you are water-safe. The swim has to be continuous (no grabbing the side of the pool) using any strokes and is not timed.
- I have a booking, what must I do before the course starts?
- Via the link Dive Medical on your voucher, please complete and submit the completed dive medical questionnaire. If you receive an advice that you are required to have a full dive medical, this must be completed at least 7 days prior to course commencement
- Please register for your eLearning. Instructions on how to register are on your email. To be allowed to start the course you must have completed all the theory and a final exam prior to the start date. You will need to allow 6-7hrs to complete this.
If you have not completed the online theory, you will not be able to start the course. A $150.00 rebooking fee will apply if you need to change your start date.
If you wear glasses, here is some information for you
- You are able to dive with contact lenses provided that they are soft lenses.
- Alternatively, you may wish to consider purchasing a prescription mask. There are masks available to purchase where the standard glass lenses can be taken out and replaced by prescription lenses. Lens sizes range from -1 diopter to -8 and are in half sizes ( i.e. 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc). (Masks with prescription lenses are not available for hire).
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.