Deep Diver Course is a must for any diver wishing to explore a little more, go a little deeper, and learn the risks and benefits associated with deep diving. Many interesting sights lay just beyond open water diver training limits such as: beautiful wall dives, shipwrecks, and critters that don’t come into the shallows.
The purpose of this course is to provide the necessary training to plan and execute dives that are beyond the depth range experienced during an Open Water Scuba Diver course, specifically beyond 18 metres/60 feet and to a maximum depth of not greater than 40 metres/130 feet. By the end of the course your knowledge, awareness, and comfort level with deep diving activities will have increased.
What you can expect to learn:
Topics from the Deep Diver course include:
- History of dive tables and computers
- Equipment needed for deep diving
- Physics and physiology of deep diving
- Emergency procedures for deep diving and first aid
|Complete knowledge development (2 - 3 hours)
|Theory review and 2 dives
|*Actual dive sites subject to tides and weather
- SDI eLearning and certification fee
- 1 Shore & 1 Boat Diving Costs
- Scuba Gear Hire, click here for our rental price
- Dive Medical (if required), some medical conditions may affect you from diving. For example, heart disease, asthma, or epilepsy. Please inform us prior to reservation if you suffer from any medical condition that may affect your diving
- Spool & Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB), can be purchased during theory session
Dive Torch and Slate (Optional, recommended for underwater communication)
Discount price to combine with Nitrox Diver for just $199 (You save $100!)
- Course prerequisites: Open Water Scuba Diver, Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Complete knowledge development before the course starts
Fitness to Dive: You must review Dive Medical Requirements and Fitness to Dive information prior to the commencement of the course. If you have answered "yes" to any question on your dive medical form, you are required to provide us with a signed document, stating that you are "fit to dive" from a medical practitioner before your course start date. Please email us a copy of your diver medical at least 7 days prior to course commencement
- Age: Minimum Age is 12 years. All students under 18 years of age will require parent/guardian consent at the beginning of your course.
- What you need to bring: Sunscreen, Swimwear, Towel, Lunch