The PADI Basic Freediver course is a subset of the PADI Freediver course. It's a great first step for developing solid freediving skills. You learn basic freediving principles and focus on practicing breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 12 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
What you can expect to learn
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal - static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
|8:30 am — Academics (Box Hill Workshop)
11:30 am — Pool Session (Noble Park Aquatic Center)
|Actual time subject to tides and weather
- 1-Day Gear Hire (excluding dive socks)
- Pool Hiring Fee (If applicable)
- PADI material & certification fee
- 1 Day Course
- You must have access to own vehicle. Due to the location and schedule of the course, you will not have time to access public transportations
- Cost of Dive Medical (if required), some medical conditions may affect you from diving. For example, heart disease, asthma, or epilepsy. Please inform us prior to reservation if you suffer from any medical condition that may affect your diving
- Swimming: You need to complete a 200-meter swim (unassisted and continuous) and 10 minutes tread/float test.
- Fitness to Dive: You must review Dive Medical Requirements and Fitness to Dive information prior to the commencement of the course. If you have answered "yes" to any question on your dive medical form, you are required to provide us with a signed document, stating that you are "fit to dive" from a medical practitioner before your course start date. Please email us a copy of your diver medical at least 7 days prior to course commencement
- Age: Minimum Age is 10 years. All students under 18 years of age will require parent/guardian consent at the beginning of your course.
What you need to bring: Sunscreen, Swimwear, Towel, Lunch
By purchasing our course, you agree to our Terms and Conditions of the Open Water Course.
Read our FAQs for more information or talk to our instructors via messenger!