The most popular PADI specialty course. Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives.
Enriched Air, also known as “nitrox”, is a form of breathing gas that allows divers to extend the bottom time and reduce nitrogen loading. It is PADI's most popular specialty course. PADI Enriched Air Diver Online can be completed in as little as an afternoon. After completing your online learning you'll apply the knowledge you've learned by practicing procedures for obtaining and analyzing enriched air with your PADI Instructor. You also have the option of completing two open water enriched air dives. This certification counts towards the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
You'll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session, and two optional (or required) scuba dives, you'll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
Online/ Face to Face Theory review (Compulsory, can be done on alternative dates)
1 Shore and 1 Boat dives (Optional at no extra cost)
*Actual dive sites subject to tides and weather
- PADI eLearning and certification fee
- 1 Shore & 1 Boat Diving Costs
- Gear Hire, click here for our rental price, capped at $115/day
- Dive Medical (if required), some medical conditions may affect you from diving. For example, heart disease, asthma, or epilepsy. Please inform us prior to reservation if you suffer from any medical condition that may affect your diving
PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
Complete knowledge development before the course starts
Fitness to Dive: You must review Dive Medical Requirements and Fitness to Dive information prior to the commencement of the course. If you have answered "yes" to any question on your dive medical form, you are required to provide us with a signed document, stating that you are "fit to dive" from a medical practitioner before your course start date. Please email us a copy of your diver medical at least 7 days prior to course commencement
- Age: Minimum Age is 12 years. All students under 18 years of age will require parent/guardian consent at the beginning of your course.
What you need to bring: Sunscreen, Swimwear, Towel, Lunch
By purchasing our course, you agree to our Terms and Conditions of the Open Water Course.
Read our FAQs for more information or talk to our instructors via messenger!